Hellcats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Team The Hellcats From Sylvania, Ohio

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Next meeting, Saturday the 14th of July
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm by laith

» An amazing game we should try play
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am by Rexican

» choosing the right Tan Camo set
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am by Rexican

» So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm by KIDKAPELSKI

» Rules and Regulations
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am by Rexican

» BGSU Screaming Falcons present; River Bottom Assault Open Play
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 am by Rexican

» Let's get the party started
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 am by Rexican

» Skill Level One. Beginners Guide to being Tactical
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 am by Rexican

» Beginners Airsoft Guide- Complete
So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 am by fatcat112

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fatcat112
Admin
fatcat112

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  Empty
PostSubject: So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101    So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 am

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  SNIPER06

The Things You Need To Know!:

Having been on airsoft forums for many a year hearing "I want to become an Airsoft Sniper" becomes almost a daily event!

The fact is most can understand the desire to fulfill the support role that many movies portrait as "Elite", the sniper.

"Perched high above the rooftops objective in sight your earpiece begins to crackle. It's your friendly local combat controller and he has four targets approaching from the west of delta squad. Your spotter reacts almost before the radio transmission ends and begins to guide you to the target.

You chamber a round on your L96 and following your spotter's guidance find the target group quickly. The crosshair finds itself over a large fellow wearing civilian clothes yet wielding a AK74 and positioning himself to fire on the main compound where Delta is located!

With the simple squeeze of the trigger the large man goes down falling apon his kit and almost leaning to one side, arms contorted unaturally.

Before his body had even hit the ground, a fresh round chambered. Your reticle moves so slightly to the left just leading behind his comrade knowing his withdraw in face of his large friends delima. And as predicted he tries to move back and falls dead into your reticle, you fire!

It takes him a few micro seconds to figure out he had just been shot, his body catches up and he drops almost kneeling.

You chamber another round while trying to find your next victim when you hear all hell break lose from delta! Delta has heard your kill shots and have adressed the west side of the compound!

LAV and small arms fire, grenades and rockets rip the small ally apart and the militants with it!

A job well done"

The fact is being a airsoft sniper is nothing like the real world counterpart, most new players would say; “Well no duh jack”, hear me out.
When we look at what makes real steel snipers effective it comes down to three principals:

- Effective Combat Range
- Stealth
- Communication

Each one of these principals are crucial and interwork to make a sniper effective, without any one of these principals an sniper finds himself in a difficult situation.

Effective combat range is an snipers best asset and allows him to engage targets far sooner then any normal operator. Accuracy at long ranges with the ability to pinpoint targets makes snipers almost surgical in nature. This having been said, snipers play a important and pivotal role in providing psychological warfare and securing/monitoring/scouting large areas without the risk of doing so with a large squad or platoon.

Range&Accuracy; something all new airsoft snipers crave and desire, sadly no matter the brand make or model airsoft guns are not designed to be accurate at long ranges. No matter what you do to your airsoft sniper platform it will NEVER deliver expected range and accuracy most new players demand.

Do not misunderstand my statement, upgrades to internals will produce better results just not what most new players expect when first thinking of becoming an airsoft sniper. This leads to much disappointment and spent money for an experience airsoft simply cannot provide.

Stealth plays a vital role in providing snipers the edge while performing com relays or engaging the enemy. It alows them to deploy in and hold non friendly zones that larger formations simply could not without coming under fire. Often forgotten is the role sniper play in relaying information to control points and tactical centers. Calling in enemy movement, aiding fireteams in locating conflict areas to calling in coordinates for airstrikes not revealing your position keeps you near the action.

Stealth and communication can be acheaved fairly easily in airsoft with an almost endless choice of communication devices and camo kit to choose from on the open market. What most new players forget is that stealth is a tactic not an fashion statement! Learning to become stealthy takes time and effort and does not come instantly the day you buy your first ghillie suit!

Communication for the airsoft sniper is a pivotal role and if performed well can change the tides of battle! Having played with a few talented airsoft snipers I know too well how effective they can be at calling out enemy movement to our commanding officer or any friendly on the same channel. Knowing where and what your enemy is doing is worth more then one or two kills at the cost of a forward sniper observation post. As a sniper you will need to know when to break cover and if it’s worth it to not just your pride and ego but to your team as well!

Now for a question that has been asked almost daily; What is the best sniper rifle?

Most tend to answer this question with models and upgrades, I prefer to answer it with key principals. The simple fact is airsoft guns differ more in shape and look then in performance. I am not saying cheaper brands perform as well as name brands but that a object of equal weight being shot at the same valocity will travel almost near same paths and distance even when shot from two different weapons.

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  Dsfsdfdsfs

Two different brand/models AEG’s shooting .20’s @ 500 FPS will generally perform very similar regardless of upgrades etc. So the real questions when looking to buy a airsoft sniper should be; What FPS do I want it to operate at? Can the internals handle it?

Find something that will perform in the FPS range your looking for that includes internals that can handle such desired FPS. If you find a certain make or model that apeals to you make sure it’s worth the time and effort of upgrades and cost, sometimes it’s better to just buy a higher end product that requires little to no upgrades to perform high FPS.

I can hear it now what about better barrels what about this brand of bb or that hopup unit etc. The fact is the longer the barrel and better the bb fit the better range and accuracy you will get. That being said custom mod gains will be minimal…

I do not discourage anyone from playing sniper roles, if it’s really what turns your crank go for it, just keep in mind what you have read above and what to expect from your kit!

Good Hunting!

By: Cornerpedler – airsoft society

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  Sniper

Last edited by fatcat112 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hellcats.board-directory.net
Rexican
Rexican

PostSubject: Like it, but one problem   So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:34 am

I like the arrival but the chart on distance befor the bb impacts the ground is extremely inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
https://Www.facebook.com/juanisjr
KIDKAPELSKI

PostSubject: Re: So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101    So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm

This is based off we refer to as the "old school", style of airsoft science. If you want to follow the sniper route there is no "easy" way to do it. You have one shot and you better make it count. When it comes to upgrades your gonna want a "zero trigger" to provide not only the lightest trigger pull, but practically indestructible trigger sears. Of course you'll want the internals such as the spring guide, piston, cylinder, and cylinder head/end also able to handle the high power spring. Now when it comes to the airsoft world especially now in a world of "CCP's" and "R-hop's" fps doesn't mean a whole lot. However with sniping FPS is used to carry that kinetic energy farther, not for range or accuracy. Your sniper (at least should one choose to be serious and upgrade) should shoot round about 500 FPS with very little fluctuation. I say 500 FPS as that seems to be a very common limit for bolt actions at most fields, however 550, and 600 are also common, so check your field that you play at most often for their rules. When it comes to the hop up and barrel the longer the barrel the more issues you'll have, anything longer than a 509mm (M16 standard length) is just gonna be problematic down he road (which is good because the L96 length is 510mm not a big deal). The reasoning being that the longer the barrel the more room the bb has to bounce around, so keeping it at it's stock length for whatever the sniper is, is the best option. Also tight bores, feel free to throw them away. Again insert long science explanation here, but basically what the trend is now, is most snipers are taking their new 6.23mm inner barrels, "CCP" or "R-hop"-ing them, then getting em just right, I've heard cases of people getting 400+ feet on 500fps and a good hop up set.

In short, it's not easy, that's just the gun, not too mention anything like stealth, Kentucky windage, or other variables, mindset, and working in a buddy/sniper team. I'll see if I can't get the charts and official information to post on here about the science behind all this, but if you search airsoft mechanics, or just google it you'll find what you need.

The snipe role is tons of fun, but it's a hell of a lot of work, and can be infiniatly rewarding to those who pull it off properly.

Also check out AO for the difference between sniper and DM (designated marksman) as they are completely different roles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101    So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101  Empty

Back to top Go down

So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hellcats :: General Airsoft-
Jump to: