Hellcats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Team The Hellcats From Sylvania, Ohio

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Next meeting, Saturday the 14th of July
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm by laith

» An amazing game we should try play
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am by Rexican

» choosing the right Tan Camo set
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am by Rexican

» So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm by KIDKAPELSKI

» Rules and Regulations
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am by Rexican

» BGSU Screaming Falcons present; River Bottom Assault Open Play
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 am by Rexican

» Let's get the party started
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 am by Rexican

» Skill Level One. Beginners Guide to being Tactical
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 am by Rexican

» Beginners Airsoft Guide- Complete
choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 am by fatcat112

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

choosing the right Tan Camo set

Go down 
3 posters

DCU
choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_lcap0%choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TAN
choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_lcap0%choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Multicam
choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_lcap100%choosing the right Tan Camo set I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
fatcat112
Admin
fatcat112

choosing the right Tan Camo set Empty
PostSubject: choosing the right Tan Camo set   choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 am

new choice for tan
i am starting to like Multicam
Back to top Go down
https://hellcats.board-directory.net
KIDKAPELSKI

PostSubject: Re: choosing the right Tan Camo set   choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:41 am

Alright let's get down to the science...well okay, not really, sort of, but here's the an explanation on the camo to help ya'll make an informed decision;

-DCU: A very common, cheap, but still effective camo. Was primarily used during the first gulf war, "cookie amo" also made an appearance, but DCU was still the most common. Today this is a very relevant camo for airsoft as it is indisputibly a TAN camo, no ifs, ands, ors, about it. However it also is the camo used by Operation Lion Claws events to designate their TAN team (although most people usually go GREEN as TAN fills up the day tickets go on sale). DCU contains primarily tan, and brown coloring, with green stripes also incorporated into the pattern, this is great for Ohio, especially since desert isn't exactly what we play in...But regardless it is still effective to an extent. Plus it being so common helps keep it's cost down.

-TAN: Now this is what we in the Army would call someone having a "good idea", and then we all run away screaming afraid something is about to explode...Just kidding. However although just a plain TAN uniform (without a camo pattern of any kind) is effective enough and does it's job (team designation) it isn't as effective as compared to something with a pattern, the whole idea behind camo is to break up your human shape and to blur into the environment, in theory ACU is still more effective than a plain color uniform. That said, I personally could hide wearing all white or red, hiding in any color is easy provided you take the time you need to and incorporate your environment, however if it already has a pattern that saves you time and effort in the field, so you don't waste time camo-ing up, that you could use moving along. Overall would this work, yes, is it suggested, no, as you can even get most sets of TAN for the same price as a patterned camo.

-Multicam: My current best friend (and this is all biased, but for good reason). Multicam as of right now has proven to be the best camo out there universally. It works all four seasons to great effect, it works at night as well as day, and not too mention it seems as though they make everything in it. Even the Army has given up on ACU and has declared multicam the "theater camo" and soon to be the new official camo replacing ACU entirely (according to latest news/rumor). However there is no doubt this camo is effective. I have had people walk past me literally 3 feet from my face and never knew I was there until I bang-bang killed em. This camo makes hiding very easy, however that said it is also quite expensive compared to something like DCU

So basicly what your looking at from the three options above is a classic trade off. DCU is cheaper, but not as effective as multicam, whereas multicam is very effective, but more expensive. Again I do not suggest plain TAN, as it has no pattern (the whole idea behind camo to start) plus an actual BDU set of TAN will cost about the same as DCU, if not more.

as for some other TAN camo options I also throw these out there;

-DESPAT: The Marine DESert PATtern (aren't they just creative) is a good TAN choice, offering similar level of concealment as DCU, DESPAT really shines out DCU in urban areas as well as during the fall. It has similar pricing as DCU, and in my opinion is slightly better, but again, slightly more cost for slightly more effective. I would suggest DCU over this simply due to price and lion claws, but when it comes to looking cool DESPAT really takes the cake...next to multicam of course.

-ATACS: (the original tan, not the new FG) This is the new kid on he block and has been making quite the name for itself as of late. Arguably better than DESPAT ATACS is definitively a desert/urban camo. Not as good as multicam as a "universal camo" but in an urban desert setting it is a force to be reckoned with. However being so new and due to a nice ad campaign by proper it is VERY expensive. it's like $50-$60 just for a top (mind you the material used is also very nice), but still very steep for something that is mostly hype and has yet to really prove it'self, maybe in time it'll find it's niche, but for now it's almost too TAN (if that makes sence)

thats my two cents, remember, with better price you tend to get better material and camo (but not always), but sometimes simple is best. Airsoft is fast paced many times, so hiding isn't always needed, and can make games boring, so really it's up to you and your play style, and how high speed you wish to look. However you do it, make sure you pick one and stick to it. I also suggest having your gear (plate carrier chest rig, ect.) be a plain tan as it works beautifully with any of these as well as green camos, saving you money in the long run
Back to top Go down
Rexican
Rexican

PostSubject: Multicam FTW   choosing the right Tan Camo set EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am

I was already for Multicam and I'm pretty sure with the information kapalaski posted, it will help everyone else choose. afro
Back to top Go down
https://Www.facebook.com/juanisjr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: choosing the right Tan Camo set   choosing the right Tan Camo set Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hellcats :: Airsoft Accessories :: Clothing / Gear-
Jump to: